The SPLat DIN Family of controllers are an ideal solution for any job that needs a cheap programmable PLC inside a cabinet. Each product in the DIN Family is a fully programmable controller, so it can either be used by itself or wired up with other family members to get more I/O.
The DT16 is a cheap and quick way to 16 digital I/O lines into a cabinet. But wait, there's more as this board also has 2 on-board analogue inputs, each fully configurable for current (0 - 20mA), voltage (0 - 10V) or temperature (using a thermistor).
Programming is done via a standard USB Mini-B cable and the IDE is completely free.
The DT16 has the following features:
- Fully programmable SPLat controller with all the latest, relevant SPLat features.
- Network it with 2 wires to other DIN Family members for expanded I/O
- 8 --> 24 VDC operation, ~70mA maximum at 24 VDC
- 16 x digital I/O lines, 500mA each as outputs
- 2 x analogue inputs (voltage or current or temperature)
- USB programming port (mini B) (firmware V4.4 or later)
- 1 programmable bi-colour LED (red/green)
- RS485 interface. Use for MODBUS, Xwire or your own protocol
- TTL Xwire interface
- TTL serial interface
- Configurable DIP switches
- Connects to any SPLat controller with latest Xwire drivers
- Dimensions: 68mm x 118mm (2.7" x 4.65") in DIN holder
- Has mounting holes for DIN-less mounting
To program this controller you will need this USB driver:
Once downloaded, unzip, right-click "splat_serial.inf" and choose Install.
The firmware download page has the tools and instructions you need for updating your controller's firmware. The latest firmware is also available here:
- 1 - 4AUD95exGSTUSD≈72
- 5 - 9AUD92exGSTUSD≈70
- 10 - 24AUD90exGSTUSD≈68
125g / 4.4oz
- 1 - 4AUD89exGSTUSD≈68
- 5 - 9AUD86exGSTUSD≈66
- 10 - 24AUD84exGSTUSD≈64
80g / 2.8oz