The SPLat DIN Family of controllers are an ideal solution for any job that needs a cheap programmable PLC inside a cabinet. Each product in the DIN Family is a fully programmable controller, so it can either be used by itself or wired up with other family members to get more I/O.
The DC216 is a cheap and quick way to get a display with buttons into a cabinet. This is designed for situations where the controller should be accessed only by authorised personnel and kept away from the public.
There's more to this controller than a display though, as it has 8 digital I/O lines, 2 analogue inputs and a 99 year real time clock. Programming is done via a standard USB Mini-B cable and the IDE is completely free.
There is so much this controller can do. Need to drive exhaust fans at certain times of the day but less on weekends? No problem - the clock not only gives you the time, but also the day of week and date, all the way through to 2099.
The 2 analogue inputs can separately be configured for either voltage (0 - 10V), current (0 - 20mA) or temperature (thermistor). The 8 digital lines can be used in any combination of either inputs or outputs, all are NPN logic (meaning they are active low)
The DC216 has the following features:
- Fully programmable SPLat controller with all the latest, relevant SPLat features.
- Network it with 2 wires to other DIN Family members for expanded I/O
- 8 --> 24 VDC operation, ~70mA maximum at 24 VDC
- 8 x digital I/O lines, 500mA each as outputs
- 2 x analogue inputs (voltage or current or temperature)
- NEW: Quadrature Counter (terminals 3 & 4) V4.7+
- 1 x analogue output, 0 - 10V
- 2 x 16 LCD, dimmable back light
- USB programming port (mini B) (firmware V4.6 or later)
- 4 push buttons
- 1 programmable bi-colour LED (red/green)
- RS485 interface. Use for MODBUS, Xwire or your own protocol
- TTL Xwire interface
- TTL serial interface
- Connects to any SPLat controller with latest Xwire drivers
- Dimensions: 68mm x 118mm (2.7" x 4.65") in DIN holder
- Has mounting holes for DIN-less mounting
- Accepts any one of CR2016, CR2025, CR2032 batteries for RTC (lasts for years)
To program this controller you will need this USB driver:
Once downloaded, unzip, right-click "splat_serial.inf" and choose Install.
The firmware download page has the tools and instructions you need for updating your controller's firmware. The latest firmware is also available here:
The demonstration application that ships with the DC216 is available from here:
- 1 - 4AUD109exGSTUSD≈83
- 5 - 9AUD106exGSTUSD≈81
- 10 - 24AUD103exGSTUSD≈79
124g / 4.4oz
- 1 - 4AUD103exGSTUSD≈78
- 5 - 9AUD100exGSTUSD≈76
- 10 - 24AUD97exGSTUSD≈74
73g / 2.6oz