The SPLat DIN Family of controllers are an ideal solution for any job that needs a cheap programmable PLC inside a cabinet. Each product in the DIN Family is a fully programmable controller, so it can either be used by itself or wired up with other family members to get more I/O.
The DR is a cheap and quick way to put smart relays into a cabinet. With 4 on-board digital inputs and a fully programmable controller, this may be all you need to get the job done.
It's fully programmable via USB so there's no special investment in proprietary programming cables and the IDE is completely free.
The DR8 has the following features:
- Fully programmable SPLat controller with all the latest, relevant SPLat features.
- Network it with 2 wires to other DIN Family members for expanded I/O
- 8 --> 24 VDC operation, ~70mA maximum at 24 VDC
- 8 x N/O relay outputs (not suitable for 240V)
- 4 x digital inputs
- USB programming port (mini B)
- 1 programmable bi-colour LED (red/green)
- RS485 interface. Use for MODBUS, Xwire or your own protocol
- TTL Xwire interface
- TTL serial interface
- Configurable DIP switches
- Connects to any SPLat controller with latest Xwire drivers
- Dimensions: 68mm x 118mm (2.7" x 4.65") in DIN holder
- Has mounting holes for DIN-less mounting
To program this controller you will need this USB driver:
Once downloaded, unzip, right-click "splat_serial.inf" and choose Install.
The firmware download page has the tools and instructions you need for updating your controller's firmware. The latest firmware is also available here:
- 1 - 4AUD115exGSTUSD≈87
- 5 - 9AUD112exGSTUSD≈85
- 10 - 24AUD108exGSTUSD≈82
168g / 5.9oz
- 1 - 4AUD109exGSTUSD≈83
- 5 - 9AUD106exGSTUSD≈81
- 10 - 24AUD102exGSTUSD≈78
115g / 4.1oz