The SPLat DIN Family of controllers are an ideal solution for any job that needs a cheap programmable PLC inside a cabinet. Each product in the DIN Family is a fully programmable controller, so it can either be used by itself or wired up with other family members to get more I/O.
The DW2 controller has a high resolution 24 bit analogue to digital converter for measuring load cells / strain gauges and converting these measurements into weight.
The load cell terminals are electrically isolated from the rest of the controller and from the communications ports. This configuration imbues the DW2 with the ability to take stable readings even in an electrically noisy environment.
Note the DW2 cannot read both load cell inputs simultaneously. Your app must choose which channel to sample. Furthermore, the first few samples will be contaminated with some of the signal from the old channel which simply means we don&t recommend trying to do measurements with 2 channels at high speed.
The DW2 has the following features:
- Fully programmable SPLat controller with all the latest, relevant SPLat features.
- Network it with 2 wires to other DIN Family members for expanded I/O
- 8 --> 24 VDC operation, ~70mA maximum at 24 VDC
- 2 x load cell / strain gauge inputs with stable excitation voltage
- 4 x digital I/O lines, 800mA each as outputs
- RS485 interface. Use for MODBUS, Xwire or your own protocol
- USB programming port (mini B) (firmware V4.6 or later)
- TTL Xwire interface
- TTL serial interface
- Configurable DIP switches
- Connects to any SPLat controller with latest Xwire drivers
- Dimensions: 68mm x 118mm (2.7" x 4.65") in DIN holder
- Has mounting holes for DIN-less mounting
To program this controller you will need this USB driver:
Once downloaded, unzip, right-click "splat_serial.inf" and choose Install.
The firmware download page has the tools and instructions you need for updating your controller's firmware. The latest firmware is also available here:
125g / 4.4oz
80g / 2.8oz