Some SPLat controllers offer you the option of programming in C, with our free multitasking RTOS, as an alternative to our own proprietary multitasking SPLat language.
C programming is offered specifically for experienced C programmers who want to stick with that language.
If you do choose C, we offer a number of things to make it easier for you:
- A free multitasking RTOS, SPLatOS, designed specifically as an embedded RTOS for realtime controls
- A library of macros and functions that give you easy access to hardware I/O and other resources without neeeding to program down at the register level.
- Ethernet support on custom controllers, including DHCP client, DNS client, SNTP client, NBNS client and server.
To begin development with C on SPLat Controllers you will need:
- A C-compatible SPLat Controller
- SPLatOS multitasking RTOS (free)
- A Freescale CodeWarrior C compiler for HCS08 family
- A USB BDM tool. We suggest the one from P&E Micro
Full details of the above are provided in the help file that comes with our SPLatOS package.